Study Abroad in a German Speaking Country
- This Task has been designed for use by Students. For Students
There are many advantages to studying abroad. Here are a few:
- You improve your language skills by surrounding yourself with German speakers.
- You experience everyday life in Germany first-hand (like buying Brötchen at the Bäckerei).
- You gain a deeper understanding of Germany’s national identity by visiting important historical sites and participating in various cultural activities.
- You broaden your perspective by observing different people and institutions.
The German Department sponsors two programs abroad for undergraduates. Participation in these programs is open to all students who meet minimum language proficiency levels, not just to German majors or minors.